Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 1996 12:30:24 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possibly smoked my cvs tree :-(

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, John Polstra wrote:

>If you have some "extra" files in your tree that should not be
>there at all, CVSup won't remove them.  Like sup, it will only

I presume those extra files are those files not defined by CVS at all ?
In my case, if I have the tree in a state before some files are deleted,
and then use CVSup to get the new tree, will it delete those files ?

>case) will be handled OK.

Ok, you answered my question before I asked it :-)

>Here's another possibility.  I have heard reports that "rsync" (see
>"net/rsync" in the ports collection) works well for recovering a
>severely damaged tree.  You might want to take a look at that.

The tree isn't severely damaged (at least I don't think it is). If it is,
it'll be far easier to simply tarball the whole thing and re-download it.

Good idea though.

>Good luck fixing things up!

Thank you, and thank you to everyone else who posted with good
suggestions.

---
Khetan Gajjar         [ http://www.iafrica.com/~khetan]
I'm a FreeBSD User!   [         http://www.freebsd.org]