Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:02:21 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libdevstat

In the last episode (Mar 16), Alfred Perlstein said:

> I think what he's saying is that libdevstat is OK, it's just that the
> tools that use it sum up the stats instead of displaying them
> inidividually.
>
> I would look at fixing iostat because libdevstat seems to provide all
> the data needed.

Yep, that's what I meant.  If anyone is planning on adding features to
iostat, Solaris has some nice features to copy:

 -x  rotates the output so each drive gets its own line, with the
     following info:
              r/s  w/s  kr/s   kw/s wait actv  svc_t  %w  %b

So "iostat -x n 23 2" prints a full-screen display of the first 23
drives in your system, updated every 2 seconds.

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=iostat&manpath=SunOS+5.8

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com