Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 21:11:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu>
To:        Satoshi Asami/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?= <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/printcap for Deskjet 500 and gs

On Wed, 5 Apr 1995, Satoshi Asami/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?= wrote:

>  * 	It works fine so maybe add a symlink in netpbm for giftoppm ->
>  * giftopnm?
>
> Um, they don't produce exactly the same output so I wouldn't want to
> do that in the netpbm package.  Can you try to fix the apsfilter
> source?

	Hmmm, well apsfilter seems to be coming with so many versions that
until the actual release version, we should wait but since apsfilter
really is just a script, it should be quite easy to modify it.

> Also, does it work if you give it a grayscale .gif file (in which case
> giftopnm will produce a pgm file, I suppose)?

	Yes, it works perfectly... the way it works is it converts the file
to pnm/ppm then ppmtops/pnmtops will change it to ps and ghostscript takes
care of the rest.

>  * UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering
>
> BTW, congrats for the national championship. :)

	Thanks! :-)

> Satoshi

Cheers,
Vince -> vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu <-