Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 18:17:51 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Mike Ju. Volkov" <mike@rbc.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Troubles with making graphics/jpeg

Hi!

I found some problems whith compiling & installing jpeg6b from ports
collection.

When i try to make this port i saw the next messages from configuration script :

checking for /usr/libexec/elf/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... no
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no

What's going on??? Why i can't build shared library?

I use FreeBSD 4.0 STABLE (20000315), libtool was installed from ports after
installing stable version of FreeBSD.

PS. sorry for my weak english

E-Mail: Mike Ju. Volkov <mike@rbc.ru>