Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:00:10 -0700
From:      Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org, Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: Native hotspot JVM

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 07:54:01AM +0200, Marc van Kempen wrote:
> Eagerly anticipated!
>
> > I've moved to -current for all of my development now since their libc_r
> > system has bug fixes that I don't want to back port to -stable.
>
> I almost missed this, does this mean it's not possible to make it run on
> -stable, or just that you don't want to port the fixes right now and
> that you'll leave that to a volunteer?

It only works on -stable at this time, but with KSEs coming around the
corner and all bug fixes to thread suspension committed to -current, it
doesn't really make sense for me to keep developing under -stable.

And right, I'd like to get a volunteer to port -current's libc_r to
-stable. I tried hacking it myself, but decided that it was a waste of
my time and that I should focus on core -current libc_r issues and
getting HotSpot working with it instead.

BTW, for a pre-alpha release, it runs surprisingly stable.

bill