Date:      13 Nov 1999 23:53:35 +0900
From:      sada@FreeBSD.org
To:        kris@hub.freebsd.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        sada@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/security/openssh fetch method

>> Because of (possible) U.S. export restrictions, since it's cryptographic
>> code (even though the openssh source doesn't include cryptographic
>> algorithms directly, it does link to an external crypto library, and by a
>> commonly held definition that still counts).

I know about it, but it has no relation between the cases
if the distfile is packed or not.
Now we ports users in Japan are able to make fetch and get
OpenSSH's source in unpacked form.
I think the makefile should see USA_RESIDENT
like www/netscape4-communicator.us does.

And, how could we use the software ?
Anyone should publish open-ssh's source as a book and export it
form U.S. ?