Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:03:22 -0700
From:      Francisco Azinsan <francisco-dated-1088557403.0564b6@vulpes.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   'make index' failure

Hi,

I performed an 'rm -rf /usr/ports' followed by a cvsup for ports-all from
cvsup4.freebsd.org, and attemped a 'make index'. It failed with the
following error:

  aerie# make index
  Generating INDEX - please wait..maildrop-1.6.3: "/usr/ports/databases/gdb"
  non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
  ===> mail/maildrop failed
  *** Error code 1
  1 error

  Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
  version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
  have a complete and up-to-date ports collection (INDEX builds are
  not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections).  If
  so, then report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with
  relevant details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD
  version, environment and /etc/make.conf settings).

  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/ports.
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/ports.

My /etc/make.conf:
  USA_RESIDENT=YES
  FETCH_CMD=fetch -p
  CFLAGS=-O -pipe
  NOPROFILE=true
  NOGAMES=true
  NO_BIND=true
  NO_SENDMAIL=true
  PERL_VER=5.8.4
  PERL_VERSION=5.8.4
  PERL_ARCH=mach
  NOPERL=yo
  NO_PERL=yo
  NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo
  WITH_GDBM=yes
  KERNCONF=AERIE
  WITHOUT_NLS=yes

Version:
4.9-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE #0: Mon Oct 27 17:51:09 GMT 2003 root@freebsd-stable.sentex.ca:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Please can you advise me if there is something I need to fix on my end, or
if it's a problem with the CVS versions.

Thanks.