Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2014 13:20:43 -0500
From:      Matthew Pherigo <hybrid120@gmail.com>
To:        Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: phpmyadmin name in pkgng

--Matt

> On Apr 21, 2014, at 12:48 PM, Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com> wrote:
>=20
> If phpmyadmin was a pkgng I wouldn't mind installing all those default sup=
ported functions that I never use. But since I am using the port method I wa=
nt to un-select all those default options from the command line. What are th=
e new [make -D] options to un-select then in mass?

Change directory to the port, and run 'make config'. This brings up an inter=
active dialogue for you to configure the build options for the port. Then ru=
n make install to install the package with the custom options you just selec=
ted.

However, I'd certainly recommend doing this all through portmaster.
pkg install portmaster
portmaster www/phpmyadmin

When you run portmaster, it should bring up the configuration dialog that yo=
u would get through make config default. However, if this is not the case, c=
all it with
portmaster --force-config www/phpmyadmin

>=20
> What are the required dependences necessary to get basic phpmyadmin to run=
?
>=20
> Is there some [make] command option to change the location {directory path=
} where the phpmyadmin php code gets installed.