Date:      Tue, 01 Jul 1997 16:54:21 -0400
From:      James Rankin <jamesrankin@usa.net>
To:        support@cdrom.com
Subject:   FreeBSD install question

Hi!
I have a question about your FreeBSD 2.2.2 cd. My computer has a 6.4gb hard
disk, which is NOT directly connected to a motherboard IDE port. The disk
ide cable attaches to a Promise Ultra ATA controller, which is in a PCI
slot. FreeBSD won't detect this, and I can't access the drive. Is there any
way to fix this??

Thanks!

--James Rankin  PPL-SEL
  jamesrankin@usa.net

Quote of the moment...
"Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are
not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel
in a straight line." - Benoit Mandelbrot

PGP Public Key - http://jrankinpgp.home.ml.org/