Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:33:58 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Esko Petteri Matinsola <esko@kapi.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise PDC20265

Hello, I have Asus A7V motherboard that has integrated UDMA100-controller
PDC20265 made by Promise and Maxtor 54098H8 hard disk.

When plugged to the UDMA66-controller the Maxtor works properly, boots and
is fast. But when plugged to the PDC20265 BIOS detects it, kernel boots
but don't detect the controller nor the disk so it complains about root
not found.

I checked the ata driver (I have 4.1-STABLE by yesterday) and it has
support for Promise 100 (I presume it's PDC20265) but it doesn't work ?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.