Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 18:23:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        pdx-freebsd@toybox.placo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Post PFUG Report

	Sorry this has taken so long; real life sucks. :) Anyways, the
last meeting was a great learning experience for me anyways. Ted
Mittelstaedt gave a presentation on setting up PPP. I wish we could have
had more time, (and working phone lines,) I love getting into the nitty
gritty this is why and how things work part of FreeBSD.
	Anyways, the next meeting should be the third thursday of next
month. The place should be the same, PSU's Miller Library, RM #160 I
think we'll take a suggestion though and push the meeting time back to
7pm to give more people time to attend.
	I'd also like to take this time to solicit a speaker and/or topic
for the next meeting. I would love to see something dealing with the
directory structure of FreeBSD. i.e. what is /lib/compat used for, why
some programs go to /usr/bin instead of /usr/sbin, etc, etc. If you'd
like to speak, need directions, or wish to be added to the mailing list,
please let me know. :)

					Rick

---- "Religion exists because man can't belive that he's nothing more
then a random accident."