Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:00:47 -0600
From:      Trix Farrar <trix@basement.net>
To:        Lars Koeller <Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: bacula-server-1.38.5_1 rc scripts

--------------enig40D647A6795F55EA0E4938B3

--------------020204020406070109000107

Hello:

I use Bacula to back up several clients to a single Director/Storage host=
=2E
When I installed Bacula under FreeBSD 5.3/5.4/6.0, I found the sample rc(=
8)
script disappointing because it doesn't appear to work well with client-o=
nly
machines.

I have written a set of scripts to help me with this problem.  I thought =
you
might find them of some use.

In the attached shell archive are; bacula_fd.sh, bacula_sd.sh and
bacula_dir.sh which are rc(8) scripts for each of the bacula daemons.  Al=
so
included is bacula.subr which contains subroutines that are useful across=
 each
of these scripts for setting variables and such.

The main problem I see with this is that the bacula.subr file would be us=
ed
for both the sysutils/bacula-client and sysutils/bacula-server ports.  I =
do
not have enough experience, yet, with ports to work around this gracefull=
y.

If there is interest in the scripts, there could be quite a bit of "sanit=
checking" added to the "bacula_preflight" function in bacula.subr to ensu=
re
that the database exists/is accessible, etc.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Thank you for your time.

--=20
John D. "Trix" Farrar               __\\|//__                Basement.NET=

trix@basement.net                   (` o-o ')    http://www.basement.net/=