Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 1999 23:57:42 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Alex <ak@freenet.co.uk>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: laptop problems

In message <381E4549.EEA751A@freenet.co.uk> Alex writes:
: By no means let this impact your work.  As a last resort, you can always
: remove your hard drive and copy the data elsewhere, until your VAIO gets
: repaired (provided it's not the hard drive that's dead).

I'm nearly positive the hard drive is good.  After the battery sitting
out of the machine for 10 hours, it is still dead, dark and
irritating.

The only problem with getting the hard drive out is that I have to pop
off the plastic caps that butt up against the battery, and I've not
found a way to do that w/o breaking the cap.  Or at least putting so
much pressure on the cap that I fear I will break it.

Warner