Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 19:24:52 -0500
From:      "Mike Avery" <mavery@mail.otherwhen.com>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Certification...again

On 13 Jul 99, at 8:32, Sue Blake wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 06:01:46PM -0400, Lanny Baron wrote:

> > It appears you are making a joke of it. FreeBSD could come up with
> > programs for different areas of proficiency. Each with its own
> > certification. It may not go far right away, but down the road, as with
> > most good products, it would succeed.

> And who will pay for this to be developed?

It kinda depends.... if all we want is certification, it's cheap and easy.
 If we want it to *MEAN SOMETHING*, then it'll be harder.

Still, the training courses and testing are two different aspects.  I
suspect generating the tests would be fairly easy..... and the
questions on them can be validated in a few hundred test cycles so a
short, valid, test could be administered....

If the certification was in demand, that would spawn training
courses and training books.....

Mike

Mike Avery                            MAvery@mail.otherwhen.com
                                          (409)-842-2942 (work)
                                                  ICQ: 16241692

* Spam is for lusers who can't get business any other way *

A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
    Move your vowels every day or you'll get consonated.