Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 06:42:07 -0800
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Lars Koeller <Lars.Koeller@post.uni-bielefeld.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Conclusion: Seagate Python firmware and hanging SCBs on 2940!

This is the most ridiculous piece of email I've seen in a while.

The point of Linux && FreeBSD is that the software can be changed
by you. Since the Python drives are quite functional on quite
a number of systems, including ones you have to pay real money for,
stating that you should "never use the Python and the Adaptec
controller on any FreeBSD or Linux" system seems unfriendly, at best.