Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:47:07 -0700
From:      Lloyd Hayes <lloyd545220-trucker@yahoo.com>
To:        dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: external hard drive

Don't have a clue as to the type of drive. I bought it at CompUSA over a
year ago. On the case, it simply says:
USB2.0
2.5" slim

It works fine under Win XP. It is an IBM hard drive within the case.

But I realized last night that I am having similar problems with a 40
Buslink external hard drive, connect by USB plug, which I use all of the
time. It did recognize it during the installation process, but I hadn't
checked it again until last night. I posted this a minute ago, but I
think the problem is the SSH program. This was the 1st time that I had
it hooked up after installing the system. This is a drive that is
usually recognized by any operating system, and was also recognized by
FBSD when I had it installed before.
(I know someone is going to say that I shouldn't have changed it....)

Maybe I am missing something here, or have forgotten something, or
haven't read something. I have 3 FreeBSD books and have printed out the
new online manual. I'm trying to mount it using:
mount_msdosfs /dev/da0 /usb0

I have the '/usb0' directory created in my '/' dir.
I also have the following in my fstab:
/dev/da0     /usb0   msdos   noauto 0 0

I am getting an error from this line when I try using 'mount -a'.
I'm trying to remember the error, but it referred to file system type.
This drive is formated as a fat32 file system.

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker@yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590