Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:25:04 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   3ware ATA RAID 3DM management utility available

(Please trim cc's on any followups to remove -hackers, thanks.)

I'm happy to announce a quick public BETA cycle for the 3ware 3DM
management utility for their family of ATA RAID controllers and FreeBSD.

3DM allows you to monitor and repair RAID arrays on 3ware controllers
using a web browser, as well as generate email alerts on events and so
forth.  See http://www.3ware.com/products/3dm.shtml for more details.

The product is not available in source form (sorry folks), but is
compiled statically and should run on any FreeBSD system supporting the
3ware controllers (4.2 or later recommended).

Thanks to 3ware for their support, and to my beta testers for their
valuable input and persistence.