Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2006 06:27:40 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   : HEADSUP: new ath and hal - almost unusable?

Hi

the atheros cards are stopping communication after some time
before I got still device timeouts in messages but the lates version on=20
releng_6 from yesterday simply stops

I can not say much about client or adhoc mode because I have only freebsd=20
hostap APs running atheros cards a/b/g (Dlink AG530)

so my client ATHs are stoping as well but since the transfer stopps also wi=
th=20
other cards as client I guess first thing to look is the hostap

the funny thing is it stops only when having clients associated
when the AP is up for any time and I associate a client it stops after a=20
certain period between 10-30 minutes

I can get it back by ifconfig ath0 down, some seconds, ifconfig ath0 up

this happens in any mode, any speed and on 11b and 11g, I still did not=20
checked 11a

no output with the card in debug mode

ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xe1800000-0xe180ffff irq 12 at device 10.0 on pci0
ath0: Ethernet address: 00:11:95:c2:2a:70
ath0: mac 5.9 phy 4.3 radio 3.6

on the other side, all ifconfig commands are accepted fine including wep an=
d=20
the card works with extremly good performance as long it is up

wi cards work fine and stable on the same machine, even as second card when=
=20
and while the ath is lost

Jo=E3o