Date:      Sat, 02 Mar 2013 22:23:14 +0100
From:      Rainer Hurling <rhurlin@gwdg.de>
To:        Florian Smeets <flo@smeets.im>
Cc:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox 19 vs large images

Florian,

thanks for the hint.

On 02.03.2013 19:58 (UTC+2), Florian Smeets wrote:
> On 02.03.13 19:15, Rainer Hurling wrote:
>> On 02.03.2013 18:53 (UTC+2), Christian Weisgerber wrote:
>>> Viewing large images has become cumbersome with the switch from
>>> Firefox 18 to 19.  Am I the only one to notice this?
>>

> Can anybody try with firefox 20.0b2?

I tried 20.0b2 and it seems to have the same problems with bigger images
as 19.0 :(

Interesting is, that the freezing time depends on the size of the image
and that the freeze does not happen again for the same image, as long as
it is loaded.

> You might need to replace bsd.gecko.mk with the version from the gecko
> repo to build it, I'm not 100% certain right now.

There is no need for this, since the repo has r310207 and in the ports
tree is r312869.

> You can check everything out from:
>
> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/trunk
>
> There is even a firefox-nightly if you are more adventurous.
>
> Thanks,
> Florian

On BSDforen.de they talk about some progress, made by the ubuntu folks:

  http://www.bsdforen.de/showpost.php?p=248952&postcount=13

and from there

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1134409

Regards,