Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 15:28:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      zhihuizhang <bf20761@binghamton.edu>
To:        hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Question about routine getblk()

Hi, getblk() tries to get a buffer with specified size
of physical memory allocated to it.  I got two questions
about this routine:

(1) The given size could be greater than the optimial size contained in
the mount structure.  The comment says "this happens on mount points".
Why is the case?

(2) If the buffer is in the core, we check for size inconsistancies. Why
should this happen and why should we be conservative on metadata.

Any help is appreciated.