Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 1996 01:05:45 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: EN-2400P3 Ethernet Card: Supported?

>Just tried to install FreeBSD onto a machine with an EN-2400P3
>card. This card is a generic -- apparently an NE2000 clone -- with
>no DIP switches or jumpers. There's not even a manufacturer's name
>on the card, though the main chip says "Winbond W89C904AXF" and
>the voltage converter and hybrid say "YCL."
>
>How do I configure this beast to run under FreeBSD? Or can it
>be done?

   I've never heard of that particular chip, but if it is supposed to be
NE2000 compatible, then the 'ed' driver would be the one to use with it.
If it is soft configured, you'll have to either use the configuration
program that comes with it (if you have it) or guess at it's settings.
   Good luck. :-)

-DG

David Greenman