Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 00:10:27 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Gary Aitken <garya@ics.com>
Cc:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: stty -- not

: #ifdef ASIDE
: Given that the handbook shows use of hex numbers, is there a
: chance that historical usage allowed hex numbers, and any mods
: should continue to allow hex numbers?  Or was the handbook just
: plain wrong?
: #endif /* ASIDE */

You know, you could fix the bug in the handbook by posting patched (or
send-pr'ing them) that allows this to work.  Or you could pull a
Tom and bet me that I couldn't do it by midnight.... :-)

: If not, is the only way to get back to "normal" to reboot?

I'm not sure that it is relevant to these problems, but NetBSD and
OpenBSD had some fixes go in in the last couple of months to lpd that
fixed a problem with setting and clearing bits of some sort.  Has
FreeBSD picked them up?  A quick cvs log doesn't help :-(.  A quick
diff shows there to be some changes in this area between FreeBSD and
NetBSD (at least between -stable and the latest sup I have from
NetBSD).  Something about the xc or xs being busted, but I can't
recall now the details.  Maybe that's the problem????

Warner