Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 2000 12:59:36 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>, freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: calando - off topic (was Re: ijppp for isdn, ppp compression, ...)

Andreas Klemm writes:
>On Sun, Mar 05, 2000 at 11:39:54PM +0100, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
>> Besides, real flatrate connections are becoming more prevalent here in
>> Germany, and at reasonable (for Germany) prices. www.callando.de is
>> offering a flatrate at 89 DM/mo iwth a 3 GB/mo limit. Not too bad.
>> The other providers will have to follow suit.
>
>Hmm, what about reliability ?
>
>Und ab in den Schlund with the packets... ;-)

[nasty traceroute results snipped]

well, I wasn't recommending callando. It was merely an example that the
German market is finally opening up re flat rates. I expect things to
get better as the year progresses. However, I doubt that the market in
Germany will ever be able to compete with prices in the US until the
Telekom loses its strangle hold on the last mile.

A good site to look at is http://www.onlinekosten.de/flatrate/.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org