Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 20:16:53 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Roop Nanuwa <roop@gw.carpoolbc.com>
Cc:        Zero Sum <count@shalimar.net.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Natd failed to write packet

If you do not run custom networking code, the ip_output() (which is
used to push the packet back into IP flow by writing the packet as
outgoing through divert(4) socket) can only return EPERM from the
firewall.  Not sure if IP Filter causes the same error or not.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 09:24:39AM -0800, Roop Nanuwa wrote:

> Hmm.. this is wierd because my firewall (embarissingly <sp?> enough) is
> wide open.. there's only one rule:
>
> add allow all from any to any
>
> Which *shouldn't* (from what I know) block anything at all.. I'm not
> sure if your reply still applies then.. but I'll look into the log
> keyword..
>
> Thanks,
> 	RSN
>
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>
> > The "Permission Denied" messages from natd(8) mean that your firewall
> > is blocking packets written back by natd(8).  Check you ruleset, add
> > the "log" keyword to "deny" rules, and see what happens.
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 06:23:28PM -0800, Roop Nanuwa wrote:
> > > I keep getting this wierd message on my console:
> <snip>

Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,
ru@FreeBSD.org		FreeBSD committer,