Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:15:31 -0400
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        Ira L Cooper <ira@MIT.EDU>
Cc:        FreeBSD mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Libretto 100CT.

On 1999 Apr 23, Ira L Cooper (aka ira@MIT.EDU) wrote:

>        When I first upgraded my libretto 100CT to FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE,
> I had a problem where it wouldn't detect the insertion and removal of
> my PCMCIA cards, the following patch fixes this.
>
>        I can't test any other fixes for a bit, because my libretto is
> in for service right now.  Note, this patch seems to enable polling of
> the slots for all machines, there should be a better way.

Ira-

This seems to fix the problem I had with pccardd not detecting
insertion and removal on an HP Omnibook 900 with stable.  I sent
a query to the list a few days ago.

Thanks for doing this.  Had you tried just forcing your pcic into
polling mode straight off?  I'll try setting machdep.pccard.pcic_irq=0
and see if that works too with kernel.old.

Thanks,