Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 20:05:05 -0500
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        Max Goof <max@underdog.maxie.com>
Cc:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Another cool hack with FreeBSD...

> 	At least in our area, two normal phone lines would cost only $3
> less than we pay for flat-rate ISDN (About $55 a month).

However, in our area, all ISDN lines charge message units.  POTS lines
can be purchased flat rate.  And ISDN lines require *very* expensive
installation fees.

> ISDN bandwidth is 64K per channel in most areas, not 56k

Here it is 56K.

> I think load balancing 28.8's might be a viable solution for internal
> use, such as between two company locations, where you only have the
> physical link to pay for, and not your provider's profit margin as well.

The only reason I wondered is because of the asinine pricing Nynex
thinks they can get for ISDN.

Robert Withrow, Tel: +1 617 592 8935, Net: witr@rwwa.COM