Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 03:00:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sun Workshop compiler vs. GCC?

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Nate Williams wrote:

> [ Again ]
>
> Terry, watch me, and repeat this on your keyboard.
>
> 'I was wrong, you are correct.'
>
> [ You look more foolish all the time ]

But I don't think he was wrong... if you've ever had to program the win32
API using the 'thunking' crap, I think you'd realize that what Terry said
was exactly correct. As an unfortunate developer that's had to write one
project too many for win95 (using 16-bit DLL's) I now know the whole
16-bit subsystem of winblows95 inside out. Of course, there are several
points of view when looking at Terry's comments (which he excels at :-)
but if you read it carefully you'll see his comments are perfectly correct
- although somewhat off topic.. Win95 obviously can run 16-bit drivers,
but it has to go through significant effort to do so (altought not as much
as WOW on WinNT).

-Mark

P.S. I'm an 'Enterprise' MSN developer.