Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 02:43:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Christopher Johnson <cjohnson@wcug.wwu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mntent.h/porting from linux

(apologies if this should go to -hackers or another list)

I'm trying to get kdvd and libmpeg2 to compile on my FreeBSD
4.1-STABLE box, and it's complaining about a missing mntent.h file.
This is a probably a linux-specific include file, since the C file is
including it with "#include <mntent.h>", and it's not in /usr/include
or /usr/local/include.

I have installed the linux-compatibility distro, but that doesn't
include any header files.

I've read the porting documentation in the FreeBSD handbook, but I
couldn't find any information there.  Is there any good place I can
get linux header files or information about porting from linux to
FreeBSD? (short of installing linux)

Chris Johnson
cjohnson@wcug.wwu.edu

"I'm not a human, but I play one in real life."