Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 18:09:43 -0400
From:      Doug Lee <dgl@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Commands doing nothing just one time, then behaving

I've occasionally seen various commands return immediately and do
nothing, as if never run.  Every time I see this, a second run (even
by arrowing up to retrieve the line from the tcsh buffer) works
normally.  I can't remember when this started happening.  It's not
frequent and, sadly, not predictable.  If I think about it next time
it happens, I'll do an `ls -ul' on the command to see if it even got
accessed.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.  I know this is vague
(which is why I didn't report it sooner); my apologies for this.

--
Doug Lee           dgl@visi.com        http://www.visi.com/~dgl
Bartimaeus Group   doug@bartsite.com   http://www.bartsite.com