Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:37:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      gsutter@pobox.com
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Uptime

It seems to me that a good advertising point for FreeBSD would be
uptime.  For example, I had a 16MB 486 up for 71 days before a power
outage killed it.  I have also seen posts with huge uptimes (600+ days)
that would be great advertising.

For posters, etc:  huge text in background, "465 Days", smaller bolder
text in fore with "FreeBSD uptime" and a catchy slogan, e.g.  "What's a
crash?"

For animated/movie art (or a t-shirt): Something like "Joe's FreeBSD
system has been running since..." and then various phrases or ideas
like... "Before that other operating system was written." or "Bill
Clinton was governor of Arkansas" and an appropriate picture or whatever
else you can think of.

Of course, to do things like this, we need documentable uptimes.  Who's
got the longest uptime?  If you've got a really good one (couple hundred
days minimum is ideal), post the output of "date && uptime".

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com                "You uudecode it."