Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:00:07 -0500
From:      "Ted J. Stein" <tstein@seas.upenn.edu>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dell Laptops and 3com CardBus Cards

Hi all,
	First, let me extend my sincerest apologies for my earlier message
containing the word "subscribe". It's been at least three years since I've
participated in any of the FreeBSD mailing lists (let alone worked with
Majordomo at all), and I jumped the gun.
	That being said, I was wondering if anyone has gotten FreeBSD to install
and run on a Dell Inspiron 5000. I include the all-important installation
process since other operating systems have failed during install. More
importantly, I have a 3com FEM656T - a CardBus card. I've been informed that
this will not work with the FreeBSD kernel. So, if FreeBSD will install, I'd
be more than willing to purchase a PCMCIA Ethernet card that would cooperate
with FreeBSD. Any suggestions as to what cards are best supported (and
cheapest)? Any information on either subjects is greatly appreciated. Please
note: the computer is an Inspiron 5000, _not_ a 5000e.

Apologies and many thanks,

Ted Stein