Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 00:39:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        SJGhassem@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix Questions

http://www.cdrom.com/

>2) I am just about to start a very big and complicated multithreaded Unix
>application using signals, semaphores, sockets,,,etc (in C/C++) . Can you
>please tell me if there are any bulleting boards or internet site that I could
>use to copy some sample/real source code from to help me out with this
>project.

No. I would recommend (IIRC) "The Design of the Unix Operating System" by
Bach and "The Design of BSD Operating System" by some guy. If you are
intersted in threads then you need to go to www.sun.com and look for
"pthreads" for starters.

>Also if  you know of any detailed books about these subjects with lots of code
>examples, please let me know.

Are you familiar with O'Reilly and Associates? http://www.ora.com/ is the
place to look for good books.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/