Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:00:32 -0400
From:      Matthew Donovan <kitche@kitchetech.com>
To:        Stevan Tiefert <stevan_tiefert@yahoo.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   to get cs working for now

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V

This will work for now but needs a bit of tweaking to work correctly on Fre=
eBSD.

Copy /etc/termcap to ~/.termcap or /usr/local/etc/termcap so that you do no=
t mess with the system termcap.Edit ~/.termcap or /usr/local/etc/termcap wi=
th any editor that you like. Find cons25 termcap information Add a slash on=
 the last line so it looks like this at the end :\.

Then add a line that looks like this :cs=3D%d;%dr: at the end of the cons25=
 section.

Then you need to make it so TERMPATH has ~/.termcap or /usr/local/etc/termc=
ap in the path I tend to do this  setenv TERMPATH ~/.termcap:/usr/local/etc=
/termcap:/etc/termcap.

Change setenv to whatever the shell your using uses for export.=20

But this should get tmux and some other ports working for now they might be=
 a bit messed up.

If any of the other people on this mailing list can actually get cs working=
 correctly since I know that my way works but does not work like you would =
expect please inform myself since this is the first time I actually dived i=
nto a termcap file.=20

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V--