Date:      Mon, 07 Apr 2014 13:30:02 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Once again I am seeing this dreadful list and once again I am wondering... Why
are we removing ports simply for being "unmaintained"?

Those with build-errors -- Ok, I understand, bit-rot happens. Those with (much)
newer versions available -- sure.

But simply "unmaintained" -- that does not seem right...

graphics/qvplay is just an example -- linimon's list contains many more ports,
whose only "fault" is not having an active maintainer...

    -mi