Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:43:03 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Juan Velasco <jrv@shih.be>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, vjordana@t-online.de
Subject:   Re: linux-xxxx-jdk1.4

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 03:35:38AM +0100, Juan Velasco wrote:
> When I run java (linux-sun-jdk1.4.1) as root it works but as my usr it crashes.

This is a well known problem.  Please search the archives for workarounds
and descriptions of what the cause is.

> I am installing the patch 1 released by Greg Lewis for
> the sun's sources jdk1.4
> and I hope it fixes this.

You do realise that this code is only for people interested in helping with
the JDK port, don't you?  Its not suitable for general use for Java
programming, etc.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org