Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:33:48 +0100
From:      Erwan Arzur <erwan@free.fr>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network stalls with 4.5

Michael wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:26:02 -0300
> Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>

>>	Are you using the absolutely latest -STABLE?
>>
> Yes.I updated again 2 hours ago.
>

>>sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.syncookies=0
>>
> Didn't help
>

>>and disabling rfc1323
>>
>>sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0
>>
> This seemed to help. I'll do some tests and report if any problems exist.
>
> --Michael Riexinger

Just my 0.02, are you sure you can use the 100baseTX mediaopt with a
DSL/cable modem ? try to force your nic to the appropriate speed.

I also had all sort of similar problems with 3Com switches which
magically disappeared as soon as i forced the media.

I don't see how it could be related to your recent upgrade, though.