Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:15:26 -0500
From:      Matthew Pherigo <hybrid120@gmail.com>
To:        "edflecko ." <edflecko@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to apply security patches to applications within a jail?

Hi Ed,

When you say "patches," there may be a few things you're thinking of, so I'd=
 like you to clarify: how would you get and maintain your applications norma=
lly?
=20
You may be referring to patches in the ports tree. If so, this can easily be=
 done with "portmaster -aD" to update all ports. Of course, the ports tree h=
as to be updated first in /usr/jails/basejail, with the command "ezjail-admi=
n update -P".

--Matt