Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 1996 08:03:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@hi-fi.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, garycorc@mail.idt.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, Tor.Egge@idt.ntnu.no
Subject:   Re: HyperMail? (was  Re: Interrupt lossage in FreeBSD-current. )

On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> >From The Desk Of Bruce Evans :

> > >Ummm...  I don't have the time to run -current, but I *am* interested
> > >in discussions on general hacker issues like interrupt latencies and
> > >real-time code.  These issues could apply to new code/drivers written
> >
> > -hackers is too noisy.  I don't have time to read it, and should stop
> > reading it :-).
>
> Has anyone thought of archiving mail in html format with a tool
> similar to Hypermail??
>
> Hypermail is a mail to html converter.

I was archiving -hackers, -current , and -questions with hypermail for my
own purposes, but the disk space disappeared quickly.... I'd certainly be
willing to continue however (seeing how I just picked up a new 4 GB disk!)
- but isn't freefall doing this?? If not I can turn it back on and make
the URL public.

Hypermail does produce a much nicer output than the archives on
www.freebsd.org however. It lacks a built in indexer, but that's easy to
fix.

-Mark

> 	Enjoy,
> 	Amancio

| Mark Mayo		mark@quickweb.com |
| C-Soft  	        www.quickweb.com  |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch