Date:      Sun, 6 Dec 1998 10:52:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      aron <aron@flyingcroc.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NMBCLUSTERS: Max Sane Values??

3.0-RELEASE

The handbook says max for NMBCLUSTERS is 4096 however I am pretty sure
that it is out of date...

I currently have NMBCLUSTERS set to 10240 with no ill effects yet i still
get panics every two days or so... (the box mostly runs tons of apache
procs)

so my two curiosities are:

is there a max sane value for NMBCLUSTERS and if so what is it ?

and why does this situation cause a kernel panic anyway?? I seem to
remember a similar situation with NetBSD a while back which cured the
kernel panics when mbufs were exhausted and thought freebsd had also
corrected the problem even earlier....

any info or pointers appreciated.

aron