Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:29:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        Lauri Laupmaa <mauri@spiral.inspiral.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compatible DPT controllers

Rodney W. Grimes once stated:

=> I  have  a choice  between  'Decade  PM1554U2  PCI' and  a  'Century
=> PM2654U2-R-16M PCI'raid controllers.
=>
=> I am  interested if  these are  compatible with  stable and  what are
=> differences in those two...
=
=Neither will work  with any release of  FreeBSD that I know  of at this
=time.  These are  SmartRaid V  series cards,  only SmartRaid  IV series
=cards are supported by FreeBSD.

SmartRaid III works for me, if anyone cares...

	-mi