Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2005 02:04:15 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "alex-bsd" <alex-bsd@yandex.ru>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Closed subject "PF & BLOCK MP3 (AVI)"

Hi Daniel & Jeremie

I have already closed this theme last week!
Just answered on the yesterday's message.
I enough for a long time use PF and squid and in general I cope with blocking of that that I want.

If developers consider that this functionality will negatively affect reliability and safety it is better to them to know!

To me constantly speak that there are many ways to bypass these interdictions!
I WITH DO NOT ARGUE!!!!
Certainly under an interdiction on a word mp3 (or any another) can blocked a "innocent" site.

BSD much more conservative OS, than Linux I too do not argue.
Far not always innovations in Linux affects positively reliability and stability of this OS.
Certainly I choose reliability and stability for this reason I use BSD.
I did not use and I do not plan to use LINUX.

> While Linux used to have everything and most crazy things available as
> kernel patches spread all over the web, BSD used to implement only
> neat and efficient solutions.  The NetFilter ``string'' match is not
> what we can call a neat and efficient solution (see above).

This stupid  idea use in very popular OS, and  normal works, my friends did not complain of problems.

I suggest to close this theme at last.

P.S.

>  Finally, to emphasize the fact that you don't know what you are talking
>  about, filtering on the internal interface won't change things for
>  two reasons :

I badly know English language as could not formulate a question precisely.(The sense is often deformed while translating)

Good luck in development of the necessary functionalities