Date:      Sun, 04 Aug 1996 17:25:18 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-SNAP/IPX

Brian J. McGovern wrote:

> Is there any documentation for the new IPX stuff in the 2.2 Snapshot. I've
> look at the IPX man page, but what I'm looking for are some examples for
> ifconfig, etc. I think I have some ideas, but when I try it, the network
> interface eventually freezes, and the only way to get it back up is to
> reboot the box. Thanks for any info.
>         -Brian

Welp, I run IPX on 2.1.0-r without troubles.
my ifconfig is done as follows:

/etc/netstart
# Set up all the network interfaces, calling startup scripts if needed
for ifn in ${network_interfaces}; do
	if [ -e /etc/start_if.${ifn} ]; then
		. /etc/start_if.${ifn} ${ifn}
	fi
	eval ifconfig_args=\$ifconfig_${ifn}
	ifconfig ${ifn} ${ifconfig_args}
	ifconfig ${ifn}
done
ifconfig ed0 ipx 0x36714239

Works for me.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848