Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:19:26 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
To:        Scott Blachowicz <scott@sabmail.rresearch.com>
Cc:        Daryl Chance <dchance@valuedata.net>, FreeBSD IPFW <freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw add exec(blah)....

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 04:13:44PM -0700, Scott Blachowicz wrote:

> Well...ipfw can log to syslog and syslogd can run a command on receipt
> of messages - check 'man syslog.conf' for details.  I'd guess that
> since the capability is already there in that form, it shouldn't be
> necessary to stick it in ipfw "itself".

Yes. Matt Ayres and I discussed this today and we pretty much both agreed
that this would be the work of an external daemon monitoring the packet
count or looking for specific syslog type things.

The logisitics of trying to make ipfw run a program isn't something I'd
like to think about either.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org