Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:19:38 -0200
From:      Fred Souza <cseg@storming.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenSSH 3.5p

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

Hello,

  Like some people, I'm running -CURRENT and its sshd suddenly started to
  die with a message "ssh_msg_send: write" when using password
  authentication. I then tried cvs'ing the version used on RELENG_4, but
  it wouldn't compile, complaining about PAM errors.

  So I decided to give the ports' version of OpenSSH (portable) a try.
  When running sshd, it complains about "our" unsupported hack of
  VersionAddendum, but commenting that out makes it stop screaming and
  it runs (at least here) normally again. Installing it overwriting base
  makes life easier by not having to change its path on /etc/rc.conf.

  Just thought someone would like to know this temporary workaround. I'll
  try to fix the base version whenever I have time, but don't count on
  that. :-)

  Regards,
  Fred

--=20
"ignorance, n.:
        When you don't know anything, and someone else finds out."

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+--