Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 98 13:31:43 +0200
From:      THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr
To:        gunnar@pluto.sr.se
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install ports via nfs

Hi,

There are restrictions on the root access of files via FNS :

man 5 exports (on the NFS server)
<snip>
Export options are specified as follows:

-maproot=user The credential of the specified user is used for remote
access by root.  The credential includes all the groups to which the user
is a member on the local machine (see id(1)).  The user may be specified
by name or number.
<snip>

Hope this helps

	TfH