Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:14:32 -0500
From:      "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nss_winbind support

Hello,

Is samba 3's winbind nss module known to work under 5.2-RELEASE at this =
time? I am having not having any success with it at all, I can join the =
domain and enumerate users/groups in ADS 'mode' but I can't seem to =
assign permissions with domain accounts, etc.

I may have just missed it but there doesn't seem to be a lot of =
information available on how to set Samba 3 up under FreeBSD 5.x to use =
nss_winbind and pam_winbind. What information I have found doesn't seem =
to work, maybe because it focuses on joining the domain as an NT-style =
domain member vs. Active Directory-style membership.

-Will