Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 11:34:40 -0500
From:      Richard J Kuhns <rjk@watson.grauel.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   mytinfo configuration -- FreeBSD 2.0.5

Is there a (good) reason that the default configuration for libmytinfo.a
doesn't include terminfo support?  I'm working on an enhanced print spooler
that will support some/all of the `-o' options (to set chars/line,
lines/inch, etc), and it would be very nice to use the same terminfo files
I use under SVR4.

All I had to do to include the terminfo support was

1) in /usr/src/lib/libmytinfo/config.h, change `#undef USE_TERMINFO' to
`#define USE_TERMINFO',
2) make install,
3) mkdir /usr/lib/terminfo,
4) and `tic' my printer's terminfo file.

I'd like to suggest that future releases (I know it's probably too late for
2.1) include terminfo support as the default.  This change shouldn't affect
existing programs that use mytinfo, since there are no terminfo files in a
standard installation.
--
Rich Kuhns			rjk@grauel.com
PO Box 6249