Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 1996 11:41:11 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New aic7xxx driver drop

> memory mapped I/O, dma'ing of SCBs, and greatly improving the performance
> of SCB paging in the aic7xxx driver.  I also took the time to do a full
> code review and to correct some of the mistakes of my youth. 8-)

cool. great. =)

> 	I'd like to bring these changes into stable ASAP, but will only do
> so once I get some feedback on this latest drop of the driver.  Please help
> to test it out.  I'd also be interested to hear if this version is faster
> or slower then previos versions.

well. i am using adaptec 3940 ultra wide adapter, and am ready to test
the new code. it's "easy" since the server is not yet a production server
for next few weeks. disks are 2gig 7200rpm quantum atlases and i run
them "on the edge" striped using both channels. (i _love_ the adapter)

can you send me diffs? i run 2.1.5-RELEASE installed from walnut creek
cdrom. and also, i'd love to know how to take the last bits of speed
out from the adapter.

> Thanks,

no probs.

> Justin T. Gibbs