Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:46:49 +0200
From:      Mike Bartlett <cataract@eye2eye.net>
To:        'Langa Kentane' <evablunted@earthling.net>, "'FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org'" <FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Error 550: Relaying denied.

Langa,

Don't know how much of an experienced unix user you are, but I was
having similar problems to you and really battled to find support on
sendmail. The reason being is that sendmail's config is so cryptic and
needs to be handled with M4's etc... etc... so its really difficult to
figure out what's going on with sendmail just be looking at the .cf
file.

On the advice of numerous people I switched across to exim which is so
much easier to configure - and it also runs better than sendmail -
faster mail throughput, less processor time.

So my advice to you is to do what I did: byte the bullet, get rid of
sendmail and put exim on. Exim is compatible with sendmail - just ln -s
your binary to the old sendmail binary and everything gels nicely.

Good luck

Mike