Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:19:57 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Accton EN2216 PCMCIA

> > Anyway: sysinstall must already have some way to figure out what
> > devices are in the system, right?
>
> Yep, it gets them from the kernel.  However, the pccardd probes are
> user-land probes.

But even those devices still have to be configured (statically) into
the kernel.  (By that, I mean they have to be listed in the config
file that the kernel was built from.)  I was thinking that sysinstall
could get the complete list of configured devices, and then try an
ifconfig on each one to see which ones had actually been probed and
recognized by pccardd.

John